The popular jar salad. I made a spring medicinal jar salad with ingredients that match seasonal troubles and symptoms! I will introduce how to make a healthy jar salad that kills two birds with one stone, which is fun to look at and delicious to eat.
Part 1: Collecting Theme Ingredients
The basics of medicinal dishes are to match the season and constitution, but when making this with a jar salad, the choice of ingredients is important. This time, the theme is spring troubles, so let’s start by listing the ingredients that match the spring specials.
Supplement the water and blood necessary for the body
- Reason : As Qi rises, water and blood are easily depleted.
- Deficiency : hot flashes, hot flashes, dry hair and skin, dry mouth, dizziness, anemia, poor sleep, etc.
- Ingredients : Blood: Beef, chicken, liver, eggs, crab, cabbage, carrots, spinach, black beans, etc.
- Moisture : long yam, white fungus, goji berry, lily root, black sesame, black soybean, short-necked clam, freshwater clam, spinach, etc.
Regulate liver function
- Reason : Spring tends to accelerate the function of the liver, which controls the autonomic nerves.
- When I get sick : Irritability, irritability, high blood pressure, red eyes, nervousness, diarrhea or constipation, etc.
- Ingredients : celery, parsley, trefoil, watercress, tomato, clam, chrysanthemum, etc.
■ Adjust the digestive function
- Why : To support liver function and promote gastrointestinal health
- When it weakens : loss of appetite, heavy stomach, diarrhea, easy swelling, heavy body, lack of firmness in the skin, etc.
- Ingredients : Dove barley, rice, corn, long yam, potato, pumpkin, soybean, broad bean, sea bass, etc.
Part 2: Picking up recommended ingredients
Adding purple cabbage brings out the colorAmong the ingredients introduced, we will choose what is suitable for jar salad. This time, to make it easy for beginners to make, I omit the meat and seafood that don’t keep well for a long time. After that, there are no big rules, so you can mix and match spring ingredients that suit you.
Specifically, ingredients that supplement blood are quail eggs, cabbage, and black beans, ingredients that supplement water are white fungus and goji berries, ingredients that adjust liver function are celery, tomato, and watercress, and ingredients that adjust digestive function are barley. , corn, and soybeans.
Part 3: Spring Yakuzen Jar Salad Ingredients and How to Make
The color and expression change depending on the ingredients you pick up<Material>
- Soybeans, black soybeans, and corn : Prepare boiled water for each
- Wolfberry : Do not soak in water
- Pigeon barley, white fungus : Soak each in water and boil.
- Celery and cucumber : each cut into 1 cm cubes
- Cherry tomatoes, quail eggs : Cut each in half
- Purple cabbage, cabbage : each shredded
- Watercress : Cut into bite-sized pieces if large
- Dressing : 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper, honey (easy to make)
<How to make>
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of dressing in a jar, and add a mixture of soybeans, black beans, and goji berries.
- On top of that, fill with layers of pigeon barley, corn, and white fungus. Place the cherry tomatoes cut in half and the cut ends of the quail eggs along the jar, and stuff the inside with celery and cucumber cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Put purple cabbage and cabbage in layers, and finally top with watercress.
If you take it out of the jar and put it in a bowl, you can eat it immediately like this!
The best thing about Yakuzen Jar Salad is that you can add a lot of the ingredients you need.
In addition, I added cucumber separately from the ingredients introduced this time, because you can enjoy a different texture and change the color. Cucumber has the effect of improving water metabolism, so it is recommended for those with swelling, but it also has the effect of cooling the body, so it is OK even if you are not sensitive to the cold.
Part 4: Jar salad basics and supplements
This time, when making medicinal jar salad, I learned how to stuff jars from food stylist and easy speed cooking guide Hideyo Noguchi , who conveys the appeal of jars in ” Simple recipes for Mason jars & photography food styling “.
At the medicinal jar salad course taught by Mr. Noguchi
This time, we recommend that you eat it in 1-2 days, but if you want it to last a little longer, you should carefully drain the vegetables, try to cut them with few cuts, or pack them so that there are not too many gaps. that’s right.
Basically, if you put the dressing in the bottom of the bottle, starting with hard ingredients such as beans, and finally adding soft ingredients such as leafy vegetables, you won’t make a mistake. This time it was a jar salad with the theme of spring medicinal food, but medicinal granola, medicinal smoothie, medicinal jam, medicinal dessert … and the range of jars is endless! I felt that. So, there may be a second installment, so please look forward to it.