Asparagus is a green spring vegetable that could be easily recognized through its long & pointy spears. It is grilled, steamed, or roasted. Asparagus vegetable is rich in nutritious elements. These help you to fight against cancer type of diseases. Here in this article, we will look forward to how to cook asparagus in cast iron?
Apart from being super convenient & easy to clean. It is just a solid and dependable kitchen tool. Cast iron is also a healthier option to use for normal cooking processes. Choosing cast-iron pans for cooking purposes could be a great source of iron in your meal.
Iron deficiency is fairly a commonplace issue. It is an issue among women. Some research studies show that 10% of American women are iron-deficient. This issue is highly serious and it needs to draw attention towards it. Cooking your food in cast iron can fulfill your little bit of iron deficiency.
we will look at the ingredients required for making Asparagus in cast iron.
Read Also: “How To Make Hot Water Pastry Scotch Pie?“
How To Cook Asparagus In Cast Iron? For instance, These are the ingredients that you require to make asparagus in cast iron.
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 2 tablespoons of Terra Delyssa organic extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- sea salt and black pepper, just to taste
- lemon wedges for serving purposes
Read Alos: “How many rabbits are needed to make welsh rabbit?“
Instructions for How To Cook Asparagus In Cast Iron?
Here are some instructions which you should keep in mind while cooking asparagus in cast iron.
- First, Properly rinse the asparagus in cold water and then trim off the extra or tough ends of the stalks.
- Slightly heat the ghee and olive oil together in the cast iron skillet. Make sure to heat them above medium heat.
- Then gently add the asparagus to the pan. Keep on shaking the pan to coat the asparagus in the melted ghee and olive oil.
- After doing so, cover the asparagus tightly and cook it over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then check the asparagus and turn off the stove as needed to make sure the stalks cook evenly and don’t burn too much on one side.
- After passing 4-5 minutes, uncover the asparagus.
- You should continue cooking asparagus 5 minutes longer after being uncovered, or until asparagus is tender. Make sure you don’t overcook them because overcooking will ruin the whole taste of the recipe.
- Add the garlic and lemon zest right at the end when your asparagus is ready. Then remove it from the heat & give it a toss. After that add seasons, it to taste with salt and pepper, and make sure to serve hot.
- Make sure to serve with fresh lemon wedges as they beautify the meal and add extra nutrition to the meal.
Read Also: “What Is the Best Demerara Rum Substitute?“
What is the healthiest way to eat asparagus?
Asparagus is edible both in cooked & raw form. But the most preferable way is to cook it. How To Cook Asparagus In Cast Iron? Moreover, It is preferred due to its tough texture. However, thinly sliced or marinated raw spears can be equally enjoyable as cooked asparagus.